Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Floss Wagon

"I have it on superb authority that you screwed the Floss Wagon". Umberto's collar was tight and he kept tugging at the top button while he spoke down to the supine El Greco, trying to sound menacing and slick with undisclosed knowledge.

"You are red as baboon's ass in the face and shit" said El Greco, "and you're trying to sound all menacing and slick with undisclosed knowledge. You need to let the air outta your what for, bud." 

In the corner, the dog licked his balls with eager, liquid slurps .

2 comments:

  1. The flank steak had no comment, not that I had anticipated any. The coffee was coming on thick and strong; I heard violence coming from a small booth around the corner, but I was safely distracted. Just chill. Reports had it that the girls were dishing it out as good as the guys and I had fat wagers on both ends, so I just flicked another cashew at the screaming jay on the curtain rod and cued up Mandrill's second LP for the millionth time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPRING BLESSING

    Who’s gonna be the first on this street to mow his fucking lawn? Who’s gonna be the spring peeper, the early bird with the worm down this throat, have the smile that won’t come off and put down the sunny sound so that it really, really sticks? Who’s gonna pick themselves up, dust themselves off, put away those blues and open wide for Chunky? Who is going to step up to the plate – right in front of MY house, no less -- and do the right thing, right now, before breakfast, ahead of schedule, on top of a heap of Easter eggs left out for the kiddies with a bow around the basket? I’m looking out between the blinds and I know there is some sweet decent son of a bitch who is gonna put us all to shame and not even get his knees dirty doing it and I am going to have another cup of the rankest coffee on earth and clean out my garage and let the old spare tire roll down the alley all the way to the beach and I don’t give a fuck who it rolls over. This is spring and you’ve got to start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete